1. Charchousi, D., & Papadopoulou, M. (2019). An uncertainty analysis approach for ecosystem sustainability based on groundwater footprint. In: E-proceedings of the 38th IAHR World Congress, September 1-6, Panama City, Panama, 1679-1684.
2. Chen, X., Wang, P., Muhammad, T., & Kaili, Y. (2020). Subsystem-level groundwater footprint assessment in North China Plain-The world’s largest groundwater depression cone. Ecological Indicators, 117(5), 106662
3. FAO. (2011). The state of the world’s land and water resources for food and agriculture (SOLAW)-Managing systems at risk. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome and Earthscan, London, http://www.fao.org.
4. Gleeson, T., & Wada, Y. (2013). Assessing regional groundwater stress for nations using multiple data sources with the groundwater footprint. Environmental Research Letters, 8(4), 044010.
5. Hoekstra, A.Y. (2009). Human appropriation of natural capital: a comparison of ecological footprint and water footprint analysis. Ecol. Econ., 68, 1963-1974.
6. Hoekstra, A.Y., & Chapagain, A.K. (2007). Water footprints of nations: water use by people as a function of their consumption pattern. Water Resources Management, 21(1), 35-48.
7. Hoekstra, A.Y., & Hung, P.Q. (2002). A quantification of virtual water flows between nations in relation to international crop trade: Research Report. Retrived from http://www.ayhoekstra.nl/pubs/Report11.pdf
8. Jingwei, L., Zhifeng, L., Chunyang, H., Huanbi, Y., & Siyuan, G. (2017). Water shortages raised a legitimate concern over the sustainable development of the drylands of northern China: Evidence from the water stress index. Science of the Total Environment, 590-591, 739-750.
9. Karimian, S., Chamani, A., & Shams, M. (2020). Evaluation of heavy metal pollution in the Zayandeh Rood River as the only permanent river in the central plateau of Iran. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 192(5), 1-13.
10. Kourgialas, N. N., Karatzas, G. P., Dokou, Z., & Kokorogiannis, A. (2018). Groundwater footprint methodology as policy tool for balancing water needs (agriculture & tourism) in water scarce islands. Science of the Total Environment, 615, 381-389.
11. Lin, X. (2020). Promoting the Sustainable Utilization of Groundwater Resources in Ethiopia using the Integrated Groundwater Footprint Index. Master Thesis. Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering University of Connecticut.
12. Mahdavi, T., & Hosseini, S.A. (2020). Aquifers Sustainability Assessment by Integrated Groundwater Footprint Indicator (Case Study: East Azerbaijan Province). Iran-Water Resources Research. 15(4), 438-542 (In Persian).
13. Maiolo, M., Pantusa, D. (2019). Sustainable Water Management Index, SWaM_Index. Cogent Engineering, 6(1), 1603817.
14. Mays, L.W. (2007). Water resources sustainability. New York, USA, McGraw-Hill.
15. Ministry of Energy. (2011). Integrated water master plan in Gavkhooni basin. Up to 2006. Retrived from Iran Water Resources Management Company. (In Persian).
16. Ministry of Energy. (2016). Integrated water master plan in Gavkhooni basin. Up to 2011. Retrived from Iran Water Resources Management Company. (In Persian).
17. Pérez, J., Hurtado-Patiño, J., Herrera, M., Carvajal, F., Pérez, L., Gonzalez-Rojas, E., & Pérez-García, J. (2019). Assessing sub-regional water scarcity using the groundwater footprint. Ecological indicators, 96, 32-39.
18. Rahpou, F,. Gayoor, H., & Ragabi, Z. (2019). Study on the qualitative changes in water of Zayandeh Rood River using fuzzy logic. Geography and Development, 16(53), 1-18.
19. Rodriguez, P.O., Holzman, M.E., Degano, M.F., Faramiñán, A.M.G., Rivas, R.E., & Bayala, M.I. (2020). Spatial variability of the green water footprint using a medium-resolution remote sensing technique: The case of soybean production in the Southeast Argentine Pampas. Science of the Total Environment, 763, 142963.
20. Salehian, S., & Rahmani fazli, A. (2018). Investigating the environmental consequences of instability of water resources in the catchment area of Zayandehrood river. Natural Geography Research, 50(2), 391-406. (In Persian)
21. Torabipoudeh, H., Younesi, H., & Arshia, A. (2020). Investigating the trend of changes in the quality of groundwater resources and evaluating the IRWQIGC index upstream of Zayandeh Rood dam. Water and Soil Sciences, 24(2), 27-40 (In Persian)
22. Tork, H. (2020). Providing practical solutions for rehabilitation and balancing of Najafabad aquifer using structural, non-structural and combined scenarios. Master Dissertation, College of Aburaihan, University of Tehran, Iran. (In Persian).